Mechanical barographs have a solid rotating brass drum that is driven by a quartz battery movement to rotate the drum once a week. A felt tip pen at the end of the writing arm shows changes in the air pressure on a paper diagram that is wrapped around the drum.
- A designed self-recording instrument
- Very compact with a wide recording range
- Can be installed in an indoor or outdoor instrument shelter
- Provides a linked record of the station pressure for one day or one week
- Recording paper is available